Your Stuff in Our Store
REPURPOSED is actively seeking vendors and products that fit the spirit of our tagline: “A New Start for Old Stuff.”
Most of our vendors are creative individuals and small companies that have found unique ways to reuse everyday items. We seek quality over quantity, handmade over mass-produced. It's the work of talented craftspeople that give REPURPOSED an atmosphere unlike any other shop, and, in exchange, it's our sincere hope that being in our store will result in increased exposure, repeat orders, and more revenue for those suppliers.
What would be a good fit for REPURPOSED?
- Housewares, decor, jewelry, accessories, and gifts created primarily from man-made items and offcasts which might otherwise take up space in a landfill.
- Products that retain some of the character of their progenitor pieces and are obviously repurposed.
- Items made from unique materials not already represented in the store.
- Local, local, local! If you live in Provincetown or on the Cape, in particular, we'd love to hear from you!
What really doesn't fit our concept?
- Garments. We've seen some amazing creations, but we feel there are other stores that can do a much better job with apparel than we can.
- Duplicate items. We try to offer our vendors a certain level of exclusivity for the type of products they make and recyclables with which they work.
- Products made from driftwood, seashells, pinecones, and other items "discarded" by nature.
- Products made from materials that are not identifiable for their previous use. We wholeheartedly support eco-friendly manufacturers who work with reclaimed plastics, textiles, glass, or wood, but our focus is on repurposing specific items, rather than recyclable materials.
Our tags always tell who made each product and we feature the makers along with their creations, to let our customers know where these products come from and what goes into their fabrication. We want people to know they can find unique, often one-of-a-kind pieces at REPURPOSED, but we never represent them as our own. If REPURPOSED is the gallery, our upcyclers are the artists.
While we skew primarily utilitarian in the items we carry, we will always have space for ars gratia artis. If you are an artist who works with recycled materials, we'd be happy to speak with you about displaying your creativity in our space.
Situated at the tip of Cape Cod, Provincetown, Massachusetts, is America's longest continuous Art Gallery, a town of fewer than 4,000 full-time residents that swells each summer to over 60,000. Our year-rounders and summer residents are diverse, open-minded, affluent, and concerned about sustainability. Our visitors come from other parts of Cape Cod, Boston, and beyond for P-town’s beaches, food, galleries, and, of course, shopping. Annually tourism generates over $250-million, with retail and surrounding activities earning an estimated 45% of that revenue. We intend for REPURPOSED to be open year-round, rather than seasonally, as is the case with many retailers in town.