We believe in A NEW START FOR OLD STUFF. That means we're always looking for old stuff. If you're in the Provincetown area and have unneeded items in good condition and don't plan to sell them, we encourage you to make a donation to the Thrift Shop at the Provincetown UMC or Ruthie's Boutique.
If you have items that aren't fit for donation, though, particularly anything on the list below, don't throw it away! We may be able to use it. Please get in touch with us using the form on this page. New items are added to the top of the list as needs change.
Items made from materials sourced from our community are marked with the Repurposed GIVE TEN logo. When these products are sold, we give 10% of the sale price back in the form of a donation to a local nonprofit.
If you're an artist who works with specific "found" materials, let us know. We'd love to help.Following are items we're seeking for use in creative projects.
- SHOPPING BAGS
- boat and windsurfing SAILS in both traditional and modern sailcloth
- soda CAN TABS (please see this note about donating tabs to charities)
- 16mm FILM of anything, as long as it's family friendly
- broken PIANO OR GUITAR STRINGS
- DENIM JEANS that are torn beyond the point of being fashionable (if that's possible)
- accidentally shrunken or moth-eaten WOOL SWEATERS AND BLANKETS
- damaged LAMPS AND LAMPSHADES
- retired manual TYPEWRITERS
- WINE CORKS, both natural and synthetic We have more corks than most wineries! Thank you.
- scratched, unplayableLP RECORD ALBUMS We have more than we can use at the moment. Thanks!
Items can be dropped off at REPURPOSED at 353 Commercial Street (across from the Library) during business hours (we open daily at 11:00) or use the form on this page to let us know and we can arrange pickups.
You can contact us using the form on this page, or by mailing to Repurposed, PO Box 709, Provincetown, MA 02657.